What?! How is it already the new year?! Time sure is flying…and since I have been trying to blog more (or at all) for the past couple months…and it really makes me realize how fast the time is flying!
Well, since it is the first Saturday of the month of January, we are meeting up with Coco, Deb, and Lynda for an Ultimate Coffee Date 🙂
Since I have been drinking a lot less coffee over the past few weeks (or no coffee for the most part), I would be sipping on some Nuun electrolyte water…you betcha!
If we were chatting over drinks, I would tell you…
I am getting nervous about training for a marathon through the winter months. While we have had a relatively mild “fall/winter” so far, we are now expecting some snow this weekend… My training for the Garmin Marathon starts Sunday, yep…in the snow, most likely. I feel like I need to find some shoe covers so I don’t have snow/wet shoes for miles… Suggestions?
If we were chatting over drinks, I would ask you…
How do you deal with “Santa” when traveling for the holidays? With a little guy in tow, we would love to be able to spend time with the family over the holidays….but can Santa find us at grandma/pa’s? We are not quite the age to NEED to navigate this concept – but next year will be a new experience.
If we were chatting over drinks, I would mention…
We are going to get snow this weekend!! (if I believe the forecast…) The dog and little man have LOVED the snow the past couple years and I cannot wait to see how it goes this year!
If we were chatting over drinks, I would tell you…
I have been completing in the #RunChat scavenger hunt and I finished!
- Holiday inflatables
- I noticed my neighbor had this fancy guy in their yard.
- Selfie with a real/fake snowman
- During one of my lunch runs, I noticed this little guy in a jewelry store window, ha!
- Snowflakes – real or fake
- We finally got the real snow flakes after Christmas!
- Something that best represents your city
- There are several “things” that best represent my city, Manhattan, KS – I love seeing the Manhattan hill everyday, the Konza Prairie surrounds the area, Kansas State University is a big part of the town, and the Kansas River is a great area to play and run on the edge of the city
- View from a trail
- Another favorite lunch run route – the linear trail
- Salvation Army Bell Ringer
- I have seen the bell ringers once in a while, but I generally run when they are not ringing – they were glad to help!
- Leftover Halloween decoration
- Sad to say, this picture was taken at the beginning of the #RunChatHunt and they are still sitting on my porch…
- Runner in holiday gear
- Yep, that’s me!
- Start/finish line of a race
- Winter Runderland start/finish
- I run over this bridge quite often over my lunch run
- High school/local track
- There is a middle school/local track just on the other side of our house
- School zone sign
- There are several schools in the area and this is the only “school zone” sign that I could find!
If we were chatting over drinks, I mention, again…
I signed up to run, walk, jog, etc. 2016 miles in 2016! I am excited to get started and see how it goes month to month 🙂 Will you join me? Check out the info here!
What would you talk about over drinks?
I hope that you have a wonderful weekend, a great week, and a Happy New Year!!
More Ways to connect with LivingLovingRunner
Facebook > @livinglovingrunner
Instagram > @livinglovingrunner
Twitter > @livinglovingrun
Pinterest > @livinglovingrun
12 thoughts on “Ultimate Coffee Date | January 2016”
I was thinking of joining the 2016 challenge. Have not decided yet. I just purchased new winter running gear, so I am ready to get back out in the cold and start up the running. I enjoy adding Nuun to my waters also. Thanks for coffee today. Happy New Year 🙂
The 2016 challenge will surely be a challenge! I am only using my dedicated running and walking miles… I am getting more comfortable with cold running! Happy New Year!
I love what you did with your RunChatHunt entries! On Santa, I remember my mother-in-law wondering when Santa will “die” so we could go on vacations. I’m pretty sure Santa can find kids wherever they are, though!
I waited a while to get those last 2 RunChatHunt finds…we finally got snow! Santa doesn’t mean much to the little guy yet…and most of the gifts were from grandma and pa 🙂
That scavenger hunt is a great idea. How fun ! When my kids were young I made sure they had presents from santa AND mom and dad. When we were young we only got presents from santa and I just didn’t get it…. which is why where ever we celebrated Xmas, Santa followed !
I think we will do the same thing from Santa and mom/dad so then gifts from grandma/pa doesn’t seem odd… 🙂
The scavenger hunt is always fun for the little ones. We used to being our presents along when the kids were younger. Wow giving up coffee would be so hard!! Thanks for joining us for the coffee date great to have you!
The hunt was fun! When I read the list, there were 1/2 of them within a stones throw from our house 🙂
The #RunChatHunt sounds like it was fun, I wish I had known about it! I’m so glad we’re in 2016, want to start on the right note!
Oh yeah! Since my training started last week, I wished the miles would have been in 2016 🙂
Yay for Nuun! I’ve heard lots of awesome things about it! :]
2016 miles is an awesome goal! Best of luck to you! I don’t typically run since I’m much more of a fan of weights, jiu jitsu + dance, but best of luck to ya! ❤
I really enjoy Nuun 🙂 I always enjoy trying new workouts! thank you!
LikeLiked by 1 person