New Year. New goals and resolutions.
So, I thought that starting a monthly post about my fitness/life goals. Starting at the beginning of the month, I am going to set in stone my goals – and then report back at the end of the month with my successes and…lack of successes.
- Continue to run 5 days a week (or as marathon training dictates)
- Continue long runs on the weekend
Oh yes, while the day and time was not consistent, I made it happen!
- Cross train 2+ times a week (or as marathon training dictates)
I didn’t do well with cross training this month…not as much as I would have liked to.
- Yoga and/or deep stretching whenever possible – 10+ minutes, try to make it a daily routine (try harder this month!!!!)
I was not able to make this a daily routine, but I continue to try to stretch more and more often!
- Foam roll 5+ minutes daily (try harder this month!!!!)
While 5 minutes is pocket change compared to the hours in a day, I just didn’t find a lot of time to foam roll : (
- Walk 85,000 steps each week – bump up the goals (from 80K last month) without going TOO crazy 🙂
Week 1 – 24.1K average daily – 168K weekly
Week 2 – 11.5K average daily – 81.1K weekly <–hit a real slump I see…
Week 3 – 13.9K average daily – 97.5K weekly
Week 4 – 17.1K average daily – 120K weekly
- Run 150 miles this month
Well, 156 miles is more than 150, no doubt about it. I really wish it could have been just a little higher, but I’ll take what I can get : )
- Feed my body in the best ways possible (FOOD = FUEL)
I have tried pretty hard to fuel my body well…yeah, I enjoy chocolate and treats as much as the next gal – and limiting those vices will help me more in the long run…
- Stick to the marathon training plan – when possible! There are some changes over the next couple weeks when it comes to long runs, but it is all a part of the plan 🙂
So far, so good! A couple weeks of modifications to the date of the workout, but all workouts are accounted for!
- Record miles weekly for #2016in2016 and the 2016 Gold #1000Challenge!
Oh yes! I hit 518 miles at the end of March : )
- Enjoy the JOY in the JOURNEY!!
Oh yes : )
- Travel light and have a good time at races!! (Dallas, I’m coming for you in a couple weeks!)
Well, the traveling light didn’t happen, but I had a blast in Dallas!
How are your goals changing for this month versus last month? Are you prepping for any upcoming races?
I’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment and start a conversation!