Disclaimer: I was provided a redesigned 2016 Deluxe Hydration Run Belt by SLS3 in exchange for my honest review. I was not further compensated for this review. All opinions expressed are my own.
It’s that time of the year again. The time that most runs, short or long, require me to take water with me. The heat and humidity of this time of the year can make running without water down right dangerous. I am glad that I was approached by SLS3 to test and review their 2016 Deluxe Hydration Run Belt! I use my hydration vest on my “long” runs, but I needing a smaller belt for shorter runs. The Deluxe Hydration Belt is perfect!
- 2-10 oz BPA-free bottles for your choice of beverages and bungie loops keep your bottles from falling out during vigorous activity
- A large middle pocket – keep your large smart-phone, ID, credit cards and fuel safe
- A touch-screen panel so you don’t have to remove your phone to change your tunes or answer a phone call – I actually wear the belt “backwards” with the pocket on my back, this position is just more comfortable for me.
- A convenient headphone port – I use bluetooth headphones, so I didn’t use this feature. Nevertheless, this is a great feature to have for listening to music while working out!
- The middle pocket is waterproof, so you don’t have to worry about your sweat ruining your phone – A GREAT feature on my long run last weekend…it spit and sprinkled most of the 10+ miles I was out!
- Race tags can hold your bibs while training or on race day! – Again, since I wear this belt backwards, I would not use this feature often.
- The waistband is fully adjustable – one size fits most (waist/hips 30″-38″) – not intended for waists under 31″ – I personally wear my belt around my waist, nothing ever stays at my hips!
- Silicone dots on the inside of the belt keep it in place from sliding
- Reflective accents all around the belt make it great for visibility
Final Verdict :
I am really glad that I was able to test and review the Deluxe Hydration Run Belt. I have not used many fuel belts in the past, and this belt is perfect for short or mid-distance runs. I don’t think that I would be able to hold enough water for a long run in the heat of the day, but I have other options for that situation – 80-90% of my runs will benefit from the addition of this hydration belt.
I am linking up with Smitha from Running With SD for Try Out Thursday – check out the #linkup for more great product reviews every week!