New Year. New goals and resolutions.
So, I thought that starting a monthly post about my fitness/life goals. Starting at the beginning of the month, I am going to set in stone my goals – and then report back at the end of the month with my successes and…lack of successes.
- Continue to run 5 days a week (or as marathon training dictates)
- Continue long runs on the weekend – Saturday group runs are a great opportunity to connect with other runners (since I am a solo runner)
- Cross train 2+ times a week (or as marathon training dictates)
- Yoga and/or deep stretching whenever possible – 10+ minutes,try to make it a daily routine
- Foam roll 5+ minutes daily
- Walk 80,000 steps each week – bump up the goals without going crazy 🙂
- Run 150 miles this month – with marathon training in full swing, this goal should be easily attainable
- Feed my body in the best ways possible – try to limit the “non-natural” sugar intake
- Stick to the marathon training plan (as much as humanly possible) for my first full marathon in spring 2016 – Garmin Marathon
- Record miles weekly for 2016 in 2016 and the 2016 Gold Challenge!
How are your goals changing for this month versus last month?
Are you prepping for any upcoming races?
I’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment and start a conversation!
More Ways to connect with Lindsey from LivingLovingRunner :
Facebook > @livinglovingrunner
Instagram > @livinglovingrunner
Twitter > @livinglovingrun
Pinterest > @livinglovingrun
Garmin Connect > @lindseyyjoee
My Fitness Pal > @lindseyyjoee
3 thoughts on “February Goals”
You have some great goals for the month! Sounds like marathon training is going really wel! Gosh, I can’t imagine running 150 miles in a month, phew! I’m planning on staying strong for my race training and continuing to work on my hips.
LikeLiked by 1 person
It looks like my training is adding a lot more cross training this month…but I hope between designated runs and walking to hit that 150 mile goal 🙂