Disclaimer: I received BibRave BOCO Headgear to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
This last year has been a whirlwind. I can’t believe that we are in the final months of 2017! One big change this last year brought was being chosen as a member of the BibRave Pro Ambassador Program.
As a BibRave Pro, we have many opportunities to try food, bags, recovery stuff, shoes, electronics, and other great gear! You should check out my post on why you should apply to be a BibRave Pro in 2018! There is still a couple days to get your application for 2018 in!
What is a BibRave Pro?
A BibRave Pro is a socially savvy run-blogger who leads the conversation in their running community and online. BibRave Pros love everything about BibRave, running & racing, and sharing their run-spiration with the rest of the world!
One of the great perks of being a BibRave Pro is the orange (#orangeisthenewfast) BibRave Pro gear! With the ambassadorship, you have the opportunity to own :
- BibRave tank (for those warm summer months)
- BibRave long sleeve (for those cooler weather runs)
- BibRave hoodie (for those downright cold months!)
- BibRave Buff ®
- BibRave Custom BOCO Headgear
The most recent addition to my BibRave Pro gear stash is the BOCO Headgear – a Run Hat and Run Visor. I can’t leave the house without putting at least orange BibRave item on, and these hats are a great addition to my running arsenal!
BibRave BOCO Headgear
BOCO Gear is a BOlder, COlorado based headgear retailer of stock and fully custom hats, caps, visors, and more! Whether you are wanting a simple colored hat or stock design, the BOCO store may have just what you are looking for.
Are you affiliated with a team or group? BOCO also creates completely custom designs to amplify your team gear to the next level!
As a BibRave Pro, our team was given the opportunity to try a couple of BOCO’s popular products – the 360° Visor® and Trail Hat.
As an active female with long hair, I typically wears my hear in a top-knot or a low braid. For my top-knot days, I love the BOCO 360° Visor®! On days that I wear my hair down in a braid, I go for the BOCO Trail Hat.
Both hats are a super lightweight, breathable, adjustable material that is quite comfortable. The soft brushed elastic band or the visor makes it easy to wear without messing up my hair : ) One great features of both products is the internal sweatband – it is like a small towel to keep sweat out of my eyes.
The lightweight polyester Trail Hat is a little different looking than traditional hats, but the function is perfect! The Dry Tech polyester mesh side panels keep your head cool and the wicking woven polyester material on the front/top panels protect you from the elements. Similarly to the visor, this hat also features the internal sweatband.
The back snap is a buckle rather than traditional snap back hats – and then the excess strap feeds back into the hat. Genius!
Here is a little more about the BOCO Headgear I was able to test :
- Lightweight wicking woven or dry tech polyester outside
- Soft brushed elastic back for comfort and fit (360° Visor®)
- Relaxed fit front panel for a better performance and comfort
- Sublimated designs now extend 360 degrees for an updated look – So many colors!
- Curved bill
- Machine washable – Amazing! My hats are disgusting after a couple runs…and being able to just toss them in the wash with the rest of my running gear is great!
You can read more about the Visor and Hat on BOCO’s website.
I am really loving the BOCO Headgear I received to test as a BibRave Pro. I dug through my hat stash and found a couple of my other favorite hats are also BOCO…small world!
I have found that wearing a hat or visor for most to all of my runs has helped :
- block out the sun
- block the wind
- add some visibility to my running gear and some style to my life
- protect my head/face from the elements
- add a little more orange to my already orange-ish life!
I enjoyed the BOCO brand so much that I also purchased the BibRave BOCO Trucker! All BibRave orange in our house : )
There are a couple downsides to these hats :
- the little one runs off with them (and then you cannot find them…)
- there aren’t any reflective elements – which is BIG when I am running at all times of the day and night
Also, check out what other BibRave Pros are saying about their BOCO headgear!
To hat…or not to hat?
Do you wear a hat while you run?
What is your favorite type of hat?
I’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment and start a conversation!
Also, check out these awesome run-spiring linkups this week :
Are you interested in the opportunity to apply to be a BibRave Pro? The deadline for applications closes tomorrow (11/15/17). If you are reading this, apply now!
Here are the requirements to join the program :
- Enjoy running and racing!
- Maintain a personal running-orientated blog
- Have a strong social media presence across multiple platforms
- Have a BibRave account at www.bibrave.com with at least 3 reviews
- No more than 3 other ambassadorships
What are you waiting for? At the least, you should go review your favorite race at BibRave.com – spread the love of running!
More Ways to connect with Lindsey from LivingLovingRunner :