New Year. New goals and resolutions.
So, I thought that starting a monthly post about my fitness/life goals. Starting at the beginning of the month, I am going to set in stone my goals – and then report back at the end of the month with my successes and…lack of successes.
- Continue to run 5 days a week (or as marathon training dictates)
Yes! I was able to keep up with training and run most days of the week. I still need to learn what a “rest” day is…but that will come with time!
- Continue long runs on the weekend – Saturday group runs are a great opportunity to connect with other runners (since I am a solo runner)
I have kept up with my long runs on the weekend – but I wish I could say that I have been good at meeting up with the group. I have not been… Part of it was discussed in my February Runfessions… While I would LOVE to be able to pace with the rest of the group, I would be dead in the water and not be able to finish the needed miles for those workouts. I am the slow and steady runner…and until I am able to get into a quicker groove on my longer runs, I am not sure how many times I will be running with the group.
- Cross train 2+ times a week (or as marathon training dictates)
Semi-success! I was able to get in some cross training this past month,…probably not quite as much as I would like.
- Yoga and/or deep stretching whenever possible – 10+ minutes,try to make it a daily routine
Yes! I have been able to do some stretching!…no, I have not been doing yoga. I know how much better it makes me feel when I actually do it – so why can’t I just do it?!
- Foam roll 5+ minutes daily
- Walk 80,000 steps each week – bump up the goals without going crazy 🙂
Week 1 – 11.4K average daily (missing 1.5 days of recording) – 80K weekly
Week 2 – 16.5K average daily – 116K weekly
Week 3 – 18.3K average daily – 128K weekly
Week 4 – 19.8K average daily – 144K weekly
- Run 150 miles this month – with marathon training in full swing, this goal should be easily attainable
Well, I was able to get in 177 miles this month!! Whoop!!
- Feed my body in the best ways possible – try to limit the “non-natural” sugar intake
I have been doing pretty well with fueling my body this month! It is always a learning game, but with a “running mom’s reset challenge,” I was able to kick some sugar cravings and keep my mind focused.
- Stick to the marathon training plan (as much as humanly possible) for my first full marathon in spring 2016 – Garmin Marathon
- Record miles weekly for 2016 in 2016 and the 2016 Gold Challenge!
How are your goals changing for this month versus last month?
Are you prepping for any upcoming races?
I’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment and start a conversation!
More Ways to connect with Lindsey from LivingLovingRunner :