Disclaimer: I received AfterShokz Trekz Air to review as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review find and write race reviews!
I have known about and worn AfterShokz headphones for the past few years – starting with bike safety and then for most of my running adventures. I even gifted the hubs a pair for Christmas this past year so he wouldn’t get another piece of my hand-me-down gear!
I have had my eye on one of their newest products and I am finally getting a chance to test them out. Let’s dive in!
The technology that Aftershokz uses is called bone-conduction. With this process, you hear your music, podcasts, audio books, etc. through both your ear drum and bones at the same time. Sounds odd? It’s not…it’s awesome!
The result is great audio quality without plugging up your ears – which gives you unparallelled situational awareness. You can not only carry on a conversation while listening to your favorite tunes, but you can hear the birds chirping, the cars passing, your kids playing, the leaves crunching under your feet, and soooooo much more! Also, with the ability to answer phone calls makes it hard to take these headphones off…
AfterShokz Trekz Air
The newest product from Aftershokz is the Trekz Air. Basically, they cut down the weight of the Trekz Titanium (the style I own a couple pairs of) by 20% and improved the fit for better comfort and sound quality. Both headphones are water and sweat resistant with up to 6 hours of use. Here are some more tidbits about the Trekz Air :
- Complete wraparound titanium design provides a flexible fit for unnoticeable all-day comfort and stability
- OpenFit™ design ensures maximum situational awareness and comfort during long-term wear
- PremiumPitch+™ guarantees a premium audio experience, including wide dynamic range and rich bass
- Bluetooth® v4.2 connectivity and convenient multipoint pairing
- LeakSlayer™ technology significantly reduces natural sound leakage
- IP55 certified to repel sweat, dust and moisture, from workouts to wicked weather
- EQ presets boost bass and reduce vibration on the go
- Dual noise canceling microphones exclude surrounding noise, effectively enhancing speech
- Audrey Says™ voice prompts guide users through power, pair, play and talk
- Hassle-free 2-year warranty
As I mentioned before, I am not new to the AfterShokz open-ear, bone-conduction experience – and the Trekz Air is a great upgrade for those who have used the Trekz Titanium in the past.
I have been using my AfterShokz Trekz Air throughout the past several weeks and I am loving them! I not only wear them when I workout, but I wear them :
- at work — the open-ear technology is great so I am not startled by co-workers approaching my desk
- at home — in the evenings, I will listen to podcasts or watch/listen to live shows on my phone while doing the dishes, laundry, and mom things around the house
- around town — when at the store, I keep my AfterShokz Trekz Air around my neck and when I receive a phone call, I am able to continue shopping hands-free
The only downside that I experience is when there is a very windy day, lots of traffic, or I head out to the noisy production floor at work — I either have to turn up my AfterShokz to the highest volume or pause whatever I am listening to until the noise passes.
When turning the volume up to the highest setting doesn’t hurt my ears, but the noise vibration of the headphones on my face is noticeable. It’s a good thing I am not often confronted with these loud conditions…
When running outside, I have found that wearing a headband over my AfterShokz Trekz Air and my ears helps to further cancel the noise of the traffic and wind.
Overall, I am very pleased with the new AfterShokz Trekz Air! I look forward to the long training runs this summer with AfterShokz on my head and tunes in my ears ♥
My fellow BibRave Pro’s also went through various features on their review posts as well. Be sure to check them out!
Amanda C Amy S Barb S BJ Amy Janelle Kate Melissa Lisa Preston Rachel Danielle Dodie Brad Samantha Barb B Logan Amanda L Whitney Amy P
Check out AfterShokz on their social handles for fun promotions and to get the scoop on new products : Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube
As always, check out these awesome run-spiring linkups this week :
Tuesday’s on the Run Wild Workout Wednesday Running Coach’s Corner
I’d love to hear from you! Leave a comment and start a conversation!
More Ways to connect with Lindsey from LivingLovingRunner :
Facebook Instagram Twitter Pinterest Bloglovin’
9 thoughts on “lighter than air | Aftershokz Trekz Air (review + discount)”
Those look great! I love my Aftershokz.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Same boat! ❤️
I’ve never tried Aftershokz but have always heard great things about them.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Totally worth a try! We have testing samples at our local running store. Might see if your local shop would order a pair or two 😉